Itinerary

A year long trip sounds like a long time and compared to the two to three weeks of vacation that most Americans take every year, it really is a substantial amount of time.  However, we still struggled to come up with a realistic itinerary that would allow us to see a lot of places without feeling too rushed along the way.  After all, if we chose to visit 26 countries, we would only be able to spend an average of two weeks in each place.

Our initial step in the trip planning process was to make a list of the countries we really wanted to visit and why. This first list contained more than 30 countries.  In order to try and narrow the list down and learn more about what we might see or do in certain countries, we spent countless hours researching destinations by reading travel blogs, guidebooks and travel forums.

Eventually we whittled down our list to what you see below.  This list is by no means final and becomes more tentative after leaving Asia.

March to April 2010

December 2010 to March 2011

Argentina

Bolivia

Peru

Potentially other countries in South America

April 2011

Return to gainful employment?

8 Responses to “Itinerary”

1. patricia says:

Wow! Hey there Allison. This is your BodyPump friend Patricia. Your trip looks fantastic. So happy to hear that you are on your way. I look forward to hearing about your adventures.
    I’m still pumping and flowing at the Y and actively working on getting a new job. Enjoy! Best to you and your husband.

2. Dots Cardenas says:

Hi Allison and Jason!

Dots here, we met at Sulu Sunset (Jogi’s place) in Langub Beach in Sipalay. I’ve been checking out your blog every so often and I’ve been enjoying your updates! New Zealand looks beautiful, it’s always been one my dream destinations, hope to make it there someday.

Looking forward to your entries on your experiences in the Philippines as well as your onward destinations, especially South Africa, Vietnam, Japan and Turkey. Looking at your planned round the world itinerary is making me all sorts of inggit! (Tagalog for jealous, heheh)

Hope I was able to help you at least a bit in giving you travel tips, I’m sure you guys will enjoy Sagada, if ever you did include it in your itinerary. Say hi to Jeff and Gareth for me!

Best regards and ingat (Take care)!

3. Kendall Krebs says:

Jason, I’m a little jealous to say the least. While in Japan, I’d stop at a little place called Americantown. I’d like to see the Japanese take on the club sandwich. I bet it’s smaller and more efficient.

4. Webmaster says:

Dear Kendall,

Thank you for your interest in Nomadsforayear.com. We will make every effort to incorporate a stop at “Americantown” in Tokyo into the Nomadsforayear.com itinerary, but please be aware that we receive thousands of similar suggestions every day, of which only a small fraction can be honored. In the meantime, you can join the Nomadsforayear.com adventure by visiting our corporate sponsor.

Worthington M.
    Nomadsforayear.com Public Relations

5. Homer J. Simpson says:

No more apples in the vending machine please.

6. Nick Roedl says:

Happy Birthday Jason! I sent you an email as well, so that the millions of people reading your blog will not have access to my special message of celebration.

7. Emily Ruhsam says:

Love this blog! Where are you now?

8. Leann Balow says:

Hi Alllison
    Lisa Heppelman (Stenzel) told us about your adventure and gave us your blog site….soooo we have been following you on your journey. Has been great keeping up with you. Stay safe and we look forward to reading more.
    Leann Balow